I. P is divisible by 4.
II. P is divisible by 9.
- The question can be answered with the help of statement I alone
- The question can be answered with the help of statement II alone,
- If both, statement I and statement II are needed to answer the question, and
- If the statement cannot be answered even with the help of both the statements.
Given: P - R = 2370
or P = 2370 + R ;
So if we consider only 1st statement, R can be 2 or 6 as 2372 and 2376 both will be divisible by 4.
And if we consider only 2nd statement, R will be having an absolute value of 6 as 2376 will be divisible by 6.
Hence by taking only 2nd statement into consideration, we can find unique value of R.
So answer will be B).
Concept: Try to find a way with which we can find an absolute/unique answer.
CAT 2019 Online Course
CAT Quant Questions with Video Solutions
- CAT Quant Questions Set 01
- CAT Quant Questions Set 02
- CAT Quant Questions Set 03
- CAT Quant Questions Set 04
- CAT Quant Questions Set 05
- CAT Quant Questions Set 06