Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out.
- People who study children's language spend a lot of time watching how babies react to the speech they hear around them.
- They make films of adults and babies interacting, and examine them very carefully to see whether the babies show any signs of understanding what the adults say.
- They believe that babies begin to react to language from the very moment they are born.
- Sometimes the signs are very subtle — slight movements of the baby's eyes or the head or the hands.
- You'd never notice them if you were just sitting with the child, but by watching a recording over and over, you can spot them.
Previous QuestionNext Question