The Humanities department of a college is planning to organize eight seminars, one for each of the eight doctoral students- A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. Four of them are from Economics, three from Sociology and one from Anthropology department. Each student is guided by one among P, Q, R, S and T. Two students are guided by each of P, R and T, while one student is guided by each of Q and S. Each student is guided by a guide belonging to their department.
Each seminar is to be scheduled in one of four consecutive 30-minute slots starting at 9:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am and 10:30 am on the same day. More than one seminar can be scheduled in a slot, provided the guide is free. Only three rooms are available and hence at the most three seminars can be scheduled in a slot. Students who are guided by the same guide must be scheduled in consecutive slots.
The following additional facts are also known.
- Seminars by students from Economics are scheduled in each of the four slots.
- A’s is the only seminar that is scheduled at 10:00 am. A is guided by R.
- F is an Anthropology student whose seminar is scheduled at 10:30 am.
- The seminar of a Sociology student is scheduled at 9:00 am.
- B and G are both Sociology students, whose seminars are scheduled in the same slot. The seminar of an Economics student, who is guided by T, is also scheduled in the same slot.
- P, who is guiding both B and C, has students scheduled in the first two slots.
- A and G are scheduled in two consecutive slots.
Which one of the following statements is true?
- Three seminars are scheduled in the last slot.
- Only one seminar is scheduled in the second slot.
- Two seminars are scheduled in the first slot.
- Three seminars are scheduled in the first slot.
Who all are NOT guiding any Economics students?
- P, R and S
- P, Q and R
- P, Q and S
- Q, R and S
Which of the following statements is necessarily true?
- S is guiding F.
- Q is guiding G.
- B is scheduled in the first slot.
- H is an Economics student.
If D is scheduled in a slot later than Q's, then which of the following two statement(s) is(are) true?
(i) E and H are guided by T.
(ii) G is guided by Q.
- Only (ii)
- Neither (i) nor (ii)
- Both (i) and (ii)
- Only (i)
If E and Q are both scheduled in the same slot, then which of the following statements BEST describes the relationship between D, H, and T?
- Both D and H are guided by T.
- At least one of D and H is guided by T.
- Exactly one of D and H is guided by T.
- Neither D nor H is guided by T.
If D is scheduled in the slot immediately before Q’s, then which of the following is NOT necessarily true?
- G is guided by Q.
- E is guided by R.
- D is guided by T.
- F is guided by S.
CAT 2020 LRDI sets with SolutionsCAT 2020 LRDI set 1
CAT 2020 LRDI set 2
CAT 2020 LRDI set 3
CAT 2020 LRDI set 4
CAT 2020 LRDI set 5
CAT 2020 LRDI set 6
CAT 2020 LRDI set 7
CAT 2020 LRDI set 8
CAT 2020 LRDI set 9 [Current page]
CAT 2020 LRDI set 10
CAT 2020 LRDI set 11
CAT 2020 LRDI set 12
CAT 2020 LRDI set 13
CAT 2020 LRDI set 14
CAT 2020 LRDI set 15