A chain of departmental stores has outlets in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata. The sales are categorized by its three departments - ‘Apparel’, ‘Electronics’, and ‘HomeDecor’. An Accountant has been asked to prepare a summary of the 2018 and 2019 sales amountsfor an internal report. He has collated partial information and prepared the following table.
The following additional information is known.
- The sales amounts in the Apparel departments were the same for Delhi and Kolkata in 2018.
- The sales amounts in the Apparel departments were the same for Mumbai and Bengaluru in 2018. This sales amount matched the sales amount in the Apparel department for Delhi in 2019.
- The sales amounts in the HomeDecor departments were the same for Mumbai and Kolkata in 2018.
- The sum of the sales amounts of four Electronics departments increased by the same amount as the sum of the sales amounts of four Apparel departments from 2018 to 2019.
- The total sales amounts of the four HomeDecor departments increased by Rs 70 Crores from 2018 to 2019.
- The sales amounts in the HomeDecor departments of Delhi and Bengaluru each increased by Rs 20 Crores from 2018to 2019.
- The sales amounts in the Apparel departments of Delhi and Bengaluru each increased by the same amount in 2019 from 2018. The sales amounts in the Apparel departments of Mumbai and Kolkata also each increased by the same amount in 2019 from 2018.
- The sales amountsin the Apparel departments of Delhi, Kolkata and Bengaluru in 2019 followed an Arithmetic Progression.
In HomeDecor departments of which cities were the sales amounts the highest in 2018 and 2019, respectively?
- Delhi and Delhi
- Mumbai and Mumbai
- Bengaluru and Delhi
- Mumbai and Delhi
What was the increase in sales amount, in Crore Rupees, in the Apparel department of Mumbai from 2018 to 2019?
Among all the 12 departments (i.e., the 3 departments in each of the 4 cities), what was the maximum percentage increase in sales amount from 2018 to 2019?
What was the total sales amount, in Crore Rupees, in 2019 for the chain of departmental stores?
CAT 2020 LRDI sets with SolutionsCAT 2020 LRDI set 1
CAT 2020 LRDI set 2
CAT 2020 LRDI set 3
CAT 2020 LRDI set 4
CAT 2020 LRDI set 5
CAT 2020 LRDI set 6
CAT 2020 LRDI set 7 [Current page]
CAT 2020 LRDI set 8
CAT 2020 LRDI set 9
CAT 2020 LRDI set 10
CAT 2020 LRDI set 11
CAT 2020 LRDI set 12
CAT 2020 LRDI set 13
CAT 2020 LRDI set 14
CAT 2020 LRDI set 15