Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out. Choose its number as your answer and key it in.
- His idea to use sign language was not a completely new idea as Native Americans used hand gestures to communicate with other tribes.
- Ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle, for example, observed that men who are deaf are incapable of speech.
- People who were born deaf were denied the right to sign a will as they were “presumed to understand nothing; because it is not possible that they have been able to learn to read or write.”
- Pushback against this prejudice began in the 16th century when Pedro Ponce de León created a formal sign language for the hearing impaired.
- For millennia, people with hearing impairments encountered marginalization because it was believed that language could only be learned by hearing the spoken word.
Previous QuestionNext Question