Suppose, in addition, it is known that Grey came in fourth. Then which of the following cannot be true?
- Spotted came in first
- Red finished last
- White came in second
- Black came in second
- There was one horse between Black and White
There are total 3 cases which satisfies the condition "no profit and no loss."
Case 1: White comes 2nd.(remaining two horses(red/black) come 4th/5th)
Case 2: Black, Red come second, third respectively.(remaining one horse(white) comes 4th/5th)
Case 3: black, white come first, third respectively.(remaining one horse(red) comes 4th/5th)
And it is mentioned that grey came 4th. ==> case 1 is wrong.(because, in that case red, black should come 4th,5th)
So option C cannot be true.
CAT 2019 Online Course
CAT Quant Questions with Video Solutions
- CAT Quant Questions Set 01
- CAT Quant Questions Set 02
- CAT Quant Questions Set 03
- CAT Quant Questions Set 04
- CAT Quant Questions Set 05
- CAT Quant Questions Set 06