will be costlier 5 years hence?
I. Current unit price of P1 is twice that of P2.
II. 5 years ago, unit price of P2 was twice that of P1.
- If the question can be answered with the help of statement I alone,
- If the question can be answered with the help of statement II alone,
- If both, statement I and statement II are needed to answer the question, and
- If the statement cannot be answered even with the help of both the statements.
Considering first statement only,current unit price of P1 is twice that of P2 and, Rates of P1 and P2 are either decreasing or P1 has constant rate. Now we can't say that which product will be costlier aftre 5 years as nothing certain information is there about rates of decreasing. Similarly if we consider only 2nd statement or consider both statements simultaneously, nothing certain can be said about rate of decreasing hence D will be answer
CAT 2019 Online Course
CAT Quant Questions with Video Solutions
- CAT Quant Questions Set 01
- CAT Quant Questions Set 02
- CAT Quant Questions Set 03
- CAT Quant Questions Set 04
- CAT Quant Questions Set 05
- CAT Quant Questions Set 06