The tournament rules are such that each match results in a winner and a loser with no possibility of a tie. In the first stage, a team earns one point for each win and no points for a loss. At the end of the first stage, teams in each group are ranked on the basis of total points to determine the qualifiers advancing to the next stage. Ties are resolved by a series of complex tie-breaking rules so that exactly four teams from each group advance to the next stage.
Which of the following statements is true?
- The winner will have more wins than any other team in the tournament.
- At the end of the first stage, no team eliminated from the tournament will have more wins than any of the teams qualifying for the second stage.
- It is possible that the winner will have the same number of wins in the entire tournament as a team eliminated at the end of the first stage.
- The number of teams with exactly one win in the second stage of the tournament is 4.
CAT 2019 Online Course
CAT Quant Questions with Video Solutions
- CAT Quant Questions Set 01
- CAT Quant Questions Set 02
- CAT Quant Questions Set 03
- CAT Quant Questions Set 04
- CAT Quant Questions Set 05
- CAT Quant Questions Set 06